Today, my refrigerator was sparse. It's been a week and a half since my last CSA delivery, and I'm running out of ingredients and ideas!
Enter IngredientPairings.com. I often need a little help imagining how things will taste together. So, I entered in an ingredient: 'leeks'. From there, I found that leeks go well with pasta - I just happen to have pasta! I added 'pasta' to the search, found that tempeh goes well with leeks & pasta, and the recipe snowballed into a local, organic, gifted, (vegan!) confection.
1. Organic Vegetables from my winter CSA share
~ yellow onion
~ red onion
2. Homemade Tempeh, with soybeans bought from a local co-op member
3. Whole Wheat Pasta, gifted from my mother when she went gluten-free
4. Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce made and left here by Morgan (counts as gifted!)
5. 'Real Salt' sourced in Utah (near to my home state)
6. Olive Oil... from Turkey. Oh well.
Check it out!
Have you made anything with mostly-local ingredients lately?
This post shared in Food Renegade's Fight Back Friday alongside many other radical recipes!